Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Safari, revisited

We once again had a quiet, peaceful Easter at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Due to illness at Grandma Lucille's house, we were unable to visit with that side of the family, so Matt had a small solo egg hunt in Oak Ridge. Like last year, he loaded up his Jeep with his Easter basket and set off in search of egg treasure.














He found quite a few eggs, filled with everything from Matchbox cars to chocolate to money. He was most taken with the money, since he is currently obsessed with feeding his piggy bank. I'm pretty sure he's got more in it than I have in my checking account, but whatever.

Grandpa helping to count the Easter monies:


Showing Grandma and Grandpa how to assemble the truck he received:


It was a lovely weekend, made even better by a Red Sox victory last night on Opening Day and the promise of a beautiful Spring Break this week. I'll post the latest "Matt on Opening Day" pictures soon.

Driving back to Kentucky - does this look like a kid on a Spring Break road trip or what?

No comments: