School picture:

Don't ask me why there is a second disembodied scary Matt head floating in the background of what would otherwise be a cute picture. I certainly didn't order it like that. When I called the photography studio to see if there was a option for a portrait sans scary head, I was informed, quite rudely, that "No, that's the only picture available, and you're not the first person from that school to call about it." Well, I'm not surprised. Scary head is unwanted, unsettling, and just plain weird. I hope the photographers don't get all creative next year. Just take the picture with the boring blue backdrop and the goofy smile and be done with it. How hard is that?
The class picture, however, is adorable.

We also attended the last sock hop of the year, which is always entertaining. One of the girls has quite the crush on Matt and insisted on dancing with him.
He was also happy to pose with his principal, who I secretly suspect is younger than I am.
We will very much miss his teachers, who were wonderful and have given him a great foundation for kindergarten.
Some of these kids will be at the new school in the fall, which is reassuring to Matt as he faces the future.
I'm sure we have a summer of fun ahead - lots of swimming, the now-annual 4th of July bike parade, a potential beach trip and other summer-y activities. Stay tuned for updates!
1 comment:
Love all the photos! I think the floating head resembles the video for Bohemian Rhapsody. Maybe if you think of it like that, it'll be palatable. And maybe also the mmmmmmmmmmm song. I think it had disembodied heads on a black background.
Post a Comment