Sunday, December 11, 2011

We're baaaack....

I know, I know, it's been forever since I updated the blog.  Between school, work, soccer, volunteer activities, and everyday craziness, there's been little free time lately.  Oh, and let's not forget Matt's school's PTO (Parent Teacher Organization), which is destroying my will to live also quite time consuming.

So, what have we been up to since August?  Well...

Matt started 1st grade.  He loves it and seems to be doing well.  The only thing his teacher has mentioned that might be a problem is that he tends to correct the other children when they are wrong.  I explained that this is hereditary, and promised to work on it.  One highlight from the fall was a visit from all three grandparents for Grandparents Day, who came to eat lunch with him in the cafeteria.  I think they all enjoyed it quite a bit.
First day of school

New classroom

Grandparents Day
We made it through another soccer season.  Matt went to two soccer camps this summer, one hosted by the high school girls team and the other a British-run traveling camp.  He attended these ostensibly to learn new skills.  What he learned is that 1) teenage girls think he's adorable, and 2) the British can't handle Kentucky summers.  They were both fun, though, and even though the actual soccer season was pretty awful this fall, Matt continues to love to play and is looking forward to the spring season.  He's turned into a pretty good defender, which is fun to watch.
I learned nothing, but these girls like me.

Fall 2011 - Team Stars

Game faces

 Let's see...

Matt's been to a Rock Star party at school...
Blue hair, tattoos, ripped jeans, and Dropkick Murphys tee - ready to party.

ridden a camel....


Check it out - I'm on a camel!

been to the track...

Keeneland is really for Mommy.  But we all like to play the ponies.

Kitts Family Self Portrait

and celebrated Halloween.


He wanted to be a dolphin trainer this year, which was actually a pretty easy costume to accomplish.  Water shoes, board shorts, whistle - done.  We had a great time at the annual Halloween bash we attend, and then a fun night of trick or treating with friends. 

Trick or treating - dolphin trainer, angel, Cleopatra, peacock, bride and cupcake.
November saw us heading for Florida, for a trip to Disney World and a chance to watch the launch of the Mars Rover at Cape Canaveral.  More to follow on those adventures...

No comments: