Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Anticipation...

I was fixing the boy's dinner last night, and adding some ketchup to his plate.  He watched me doing this and commented, "That's a non-Newtonian fluid."

Um....what?

"That's a non-Newtonian fluid."  As I had never heard this term, I asked him to explain.  He told me that a non-Newtonian fluid can resist its flow. As opposed to a Newtonian fluid. 

Yeah.

I googled it, and I can't tell if that's right, but it sure seems like he's on the right track with his explanation. So: it's official. My eight year old is now smarter than I am.  Crap.


Delicious condiment or non-Newtonian fluid...you be the judge.


1 comment:

Grandma M. said...

Don't feel bad. I just had to ask Grandpa (the physicist) to explain it to me and I only sort of barely understand it.
Where does Matt hear these things?

Grandpa says to tell you that he heard of this in his first year of graduate school. I guess that is supposed to make us feel better!