Friday, June 8, 2007

Life Lessons

Things I have learned since my last post:

1. The amount of poop a toddler with a recurrent stomach virus can produce is astonishing.

2. The stool sample collection kit for the aforementioned poop comes with cool gloves and swabs. If you pretend you are on CSI while doing the collection it makes the process marginally less gross.

3. Histoplasmosis (or, as some of you affectionately call it, "bird poop disease") can apparently flare up at any time, even after almost a decade of inactivity. I now have a huge permanent black spot that almost totally obscures the vision in my left eye. Fear not, however - I have no plans to left it interfere with my world-class driving skills.

4. The dye that is used to look at the eye spot affects your skin pigment temporarily; it is supposed to make you look like you have a nice tan, at least for a few hours. That is, unless you are me. Then you turn pink. Bright pink. Apparently I am unable to get even a medically induced tan.

5. The spirit of Preston Brooks is alive and well in the state senate of Alabama.

More to come later.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Well.. I don't know nothin bout no toddler poop, but I must be having sympathy symptoms for you. I now have my own permanent black spot (or "floater") in my right eye. It is, however, much smaller. About the size of a gnat, which by the way is exactly what it looks like in my vision. A small annoying gnat. However, according to my Dr.. good news, it doesn't appear that my retna has detached! Weeeee :-)