Tuesday, June 12, 2007

School Dazed

Today was Matt's first day of "preschool." It's really a Mother's Day Out program, but they do all kinds of preschooly things there. I was a little apprehensive about it - he's still so little! - but his speech therapist and the other EI folks thought it would be great for him to do.

Off to school, complete with backpack:







He did pretty well! Not a lot of fussing when I left, and his teachers said he cooperated and behaved nicely, with only a minor meltdown when it was time to come in from the playground. He also made a fine foam hat, which he wore home.




I think he had a good time, although he was exhausted when I picked him up. He is ridiculously small compared to the other kids in his class, but he's scrappy, so I'm not worried about it. Hopefully this will be a positive experience for him!

No comments: