Saturday, January 12, 2008

You say it's your birthday...

Well, Matt is officially three now - no longer a baby or a toddler, but a bona fide big boy, which is kind of bittersweet.

We had two parties to celebrate, one for family in TN and one in KY with some of his friends. He had a blast at both of them and was especially excited to blow out the candles. He is still carrying some balloons around our house and talking about his "happy birthday day." The fire truck theme was a big hit as well - he loved his fire truck cake, and I personally am quite proud of it. I am not the most creative or coordinated person, so making it was quite a challenge for me.

The cake:





Eating the cake, wearing his fire chief hat:


For the love of God, Mom, stop taking my picture!


With his friends:


Ready for action!

(Many thanks to Jami and Megan for the outfit!)

3 comments:

popeye said...

Know the BIG BOY is Just as cute as ever in his Fireman Suit! Aunt Shelia, Uncle Tim, and Megan enjoyed sharing his BIG THREE with him at mom's house! It was so much fun watching him and he wanted everything to open everything and everything in boxes had to be out so he could play with them even though mom wanted things left in the boxes! It was really GREAT and EXCITING to watch him and his reaction to everything! He is such a JOY to be AROUND THANK YOU FOR SHARING HIM WITH US ALL IT WAS GREAT LOVE YOU MATT, CHARLES, AND BETH!! TAKE CARE GOD BLESS!!

Anonymous said...

When I was in kindergarten, my mom spent hours and hours making a big bird cake for me to share with my class. Once she arrived with it and presented it to my friends, we were apparently all appalled at the idea of eating big bird. So we ate ice cream and my dad ended up eating big bird. :-) Such is the way of youth.

I think you're fire truck cake looks awesome and I'm glad everybody had such a good time.

Jess said...

Ok.. that cake rocks. You did a great job... remember I've painted living rooms with you and I've seen your work ("I do good job for you boss!"-Chattanooga burn apartment- Am I the only one who remembers these things??)