Thursday, July 31, 2008

Old friends

We had the chance this week to have dinner with some of our oldest friends. I've known Kurt since third grade, and Angela since junior high - we go waaaaaaay back. They live in Belgium now with their children, but are able to come back to the States occasionally to visit family. We were very lucky to get to have dinner with them and hear some hilarious stories about their Griswold-esque trip across the country and their recent Nile cruise. It was a real treat, and we can't wait to see them again next summer.

And, just because I'm heavily into before-and-after pictures just now, here are Angela and I, circa 1990:

(And yes, I made that fine tie-dye shirt myself. Because I was super cool in high school. Good Lord.)


And here we are now, plus Kurt and Charles:


Good times, good times.

No comments: