So I've think I've mentioned on here before that I don't do kids music in my car, because it makes me crazy. As a result, Matt listens to whatever I'm listening to, and until recently that hasn't been an issue. I think, though, that maybe it's time to start editing my music choices a little more carefully. I'm thinking if he busts out with some Amy Winehouse at church it's going to reflect poorly on me.
Exhibit A:
Me to Matt, rummaging around behind the recliner: Matt, what are you looking for?
Matt: My lost shaker of salt.
Exhibit B:
Matt, singing to himself while playing with his toys: "They tried to make me go to the potty and I said no, no, no."
So, in an effort to redirect his tiny musical tastes, we've been playing some different things, and Matt now has a new favorite song: "Convoy."
Yep, that's right, "We got a great big convoy, rockin' through the night." He LOVES this song. I've burned it to a CD for him with some other road music ("East Bound and Down," "Roll on 18 Wheeler," and some others) and he begs for it in the car. Additionally, Charles discovered that there are a surprising (and somewhat appalling) number of YouTube videos celebrating C.W. McCall and the greatness that is "Convoy." So he and Matt have been enjoying those as well.
He's working hard to learn the lyrics, and since he's got a pretty good ear for stuff like that, I think it won't be long before he knows them. Cross your fingers I can get him to sing it on video.
Let them truckers roll...
1 comment:
This reminds me of Robin at age 4, after watching Grease, singing "Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee, lousy with virginity" to her very conservative Poppa Choate.
Post a Comment