I LOVE the Olympics. Love the pageantry, love the competition, love the mandatory tug-at-your-heartstrings athlete stories - I just love the whole spectacle of all things Olympic. I think it all began back in Chattanooga, during the '94 Lillehammer games, when, inspired by patriotic fervor and a few too many viewings of "Cool Runnings," Jenn and I decided that we needed to form a bobsled team. Of all the many schemes we've hatched over the years, this one is still my favorite. (Although I have to say that the all-girl jug band ranks a very close second.) Good times, good times.
Today, to celebrate the beginning of the Beijing games, we had a small Olympic playdate. The kids ran around in the yard, we all ate pizza, and then we made Olympic "torches" out of paper towel rolls and ribbon. Matt had a good time, despite an initial reluctance to share any of his toys. He overcame that (mostly) and enjoyed running around with Megan and Lara.
With their gold medals:
With their fine torches,
which they almost immediately discovered could be used as swords with which to whack each other:
Just a cute one of my favorite little torch-bearer:
No comments:
Post a Comment