Sunday, August 24, 2008

Because it's never too early to plan...

Matt picked out one of his Halloween books to read earlier today, so I asked him what he might like to be for Halloween this year. First he said a cat, so he could have paws. Okay, I can do a cat, that's no problem. But then he stopped, and I could see on his face that he'd just had a wonderful idea. "Mommy! I don't want to be a cat with cat paws, I want to be AN EIGHTEEN-WHEELER DRIVER! With an eighteen-wheeler truck? Pleeeease?"

All right, so it's possible (and indeed likely) that he will change his mind a dozen times between now and Halloween, but just in case - how in the heck do I make a truck-driver costume? I mean I want him to be identifiable as a truck-driver, but I'm afraid he's just going to look like vintage Ashton Kutcher. I need your help, people. Let's hear what you've got.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After lengthy research (I google image searched "trucker costume"), I found something called the "fat trucker costume" and similar "fat redneck costume." I'm guessing a Matt-sized version would, in addition to playing into negative trucker stereotypes, be inappropriate.

Try for construction worker instead - at least they have hats :)

Robin said...

Richard says Matt needs a trucker hat that says Peterbilt, a plaid flannel shirt, boots, wallet on a chain, large belt buckle. Maybe some sunglasses.

I think basically, dress him up like the guy in the smokey and the bandit movies. This is Richard's exposure to truck drivers.

Beth said...

That's about the lines we're thinking of - very Snowman in "Smokey and the Bandit." Charles actually wants to dress himself and Matt as Big Enos and Little Enos, which I think would be hilarious.