Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter Safari

A few belated Easter pictures:

We had a subdued Easter this year. The boy developed a very sudden, very high fever the night before Easter, so he and I stayed at Grandma and Grandpa's while Charles went to church and his family's celebration. Matt felt somewhat better by Easter afternoon, so Grandma hid a few eggs around the yard and Matt drove his Jeep around to hunt for them.







I can't remember if I've blogged about the Jeep before, but it is the best. thing. ever. It's a hand-me-down from one of Grandpa's former co-workers and Matt adores it. It's usually the first thing he wants to do at their house and he has a fine time roaming around their yard and driveway in it. I do think, however, that Grandpa has as much, if not more, fun with the Jeep than the boy does. He's constructed a new grill for it, added reflectors, a clock and even a tiny working radio. It's totally over the top, but they both love it.

Happy with results of the egg hunt safari:





We were also able, before the boy got sick on Saturday, to introduce him to the exciting art of egg dyeing. I remember loving to dye eggs as a child - Richard was quite good at it and could balance his eggs just right on the little egg dipper thingie to make cool multi-colored eggs. It was always one of my favorite things at Easter and I was very eager to teach Matt how to do it. He was, typically, totally uninterested at first, but once we showed him the process, he loved dropping the eggs in the color cups and watching them develop.



He was quite pleased with the finished product.

No comments: