Friday, June 26, 2009

A Test of Faith - Or, How I Survived Another Year of Bible School

We just wrapped up another fun-filled week of Vacation Bible School at our church. This year I helped my good friend Heather teach the crafts, which was challenging, to say the least. We had a camp-themed program this year, with camp crafts to go with it, including macrame and string art. Let me tell you how twenty minutes is not enough time to teach seven year-olds how to do string art. Good Lord. Had I not been in a church, I would have had some extremely choice words for that particular activity.

Matt had a good time, except for taking a header off the inflatable slide one night. He gave some of the adults (including me) a pretty good scare, as he fell about four feet and landed on his head on the pavement. He is, however, incredibly resilient, which is a good thing, since he is so accident prone. I would wrap him in bubble wrap if I could.

Matt hanging out with his class.



Matt and Lara with their fine macrame bracelets



Giving big hugs to Lara


Heather and I with our crafting handiwork



Matt with his class - his teachers were a group of high-energy teenage girls. Even they were tired by the end of the week.

No comments: