The kids had a good time playing in the yard with a Slip-n-Slide and a new pool we bought for the occasion. The box described it as over 100 inches long with a 60" wide pool, and the box picture shows half a dozen big kids happily frolicking in pool. Hmmm. Not quite.
Picture on the box:

Pool reality:
There was essentially room for two small children in the pool and the slides are a total joke. I would take it back, but Matt is in love with it, and as long as it's just him, it's okay. And they all still had a blast with it, which is all that matters, you know?
We had a nice "picnic on the grounds" type lunch, as there wasn't enough room in the house for everyone. Heather mentioned as we ate that she felt rather Amish with our big outdoor lunch, and that perhaps we should raise a barn afterwards. Hee.
After lunch we came to the main event of the playdate - the bicycle parade. The kids had a motley assortment of bicycles, tricycles, scooters, and even an inchworm. Using streamers, sparkly stars and flags, they decorated their rides and we set off down the street, complete with "Stars and Stripes Forever" on a portable stereo.
Decorating the bikes:
The parade:
Matt and Lara
I loved the parade, and we got a lot of smiles from people passing on the street. It was a great morning, and I think everyone had a good time. I hope to make this an annual tradition.
Group pic:
Now we're gearing up for tomorrow - free patriotic concert and fireworks, complete with a visit from Grandma and Grandpa, followed on Sunday by front-row tickets to see the Reds play St. Louis in Cincinnati. Should be a great weekend!
Happy 4th, everyone!
2 comments:
Your parade looked like a lot of fun but I think you should send the pool pictures to Consumer Reports :)
What a nice way to spend the holiday! I loved the bicycle parade.
Post a Comment