What Matt's been up to lately:
Building train layouts:
Playing soccer:
His first game is Tuesday, for Team Blast. We're supposed to get the uniform before the game, so more pics to come of that soon. He loves soccer so far.
Doing science experiments with Grandpa:
They have connected two Coke bottles and are making a tornado in them with water. This was precipitated by a trip to the American Museum of Science and Energy. I spent a ridiculous amount of time in this place when I was growing up and have always loved it. The exhibits have changed dramatically since I last visited - gone are the old reactor core, the giant globe, and the stone wheel - but they are still quite interesting and interactive. Matt used robot hands, explored different types of coal, learned a little bit about the Manhattan Project history, and had a good time playing with all manner of scientific gadgets.
Examining the plasma display ball:
Checking out the effects of different lights in creating shadows:
Manning a Manhattan Project era communications console:
And enjoying some fine Oak Ridge history, with warning signs and nuclear waste barrels.
Really, this is only funny if you grew up in Oak Ridge and had this history and science/security mentality as your norm. Otherwise I suppose it might seem like a strange thing to expose a preschooler to. Ah well.
I should also add my favorite Matt-ism from the past weeks. Matt and I were almost in a bad car accident when another car ran a stop sign and nearly hit us. Very scared, I loudly yelled out "Jesus!" Matt immediately piped up from the back seat "Jesus? Was that Jesus in that car?" Um, not quite.
I will try to update with soccer pictures this week after our first game.
No comments:
Post a Comment