Saturday, January 16, 2010

We're gonna party like it's your birthday...

Well, Matt turned five this month, with much fanfare and multiple parties. It's hard for me to believe he's five! He's turning into such a big boy.

He wanted a construction themed party, so we did that for the party with a few of his friends.





I have to say I'm proud of my excavator cake, which, while certainly homemade, is pretty darn cute.





With his little friends - I loved the road cone cups I found!



Blowing out the candle



We had the "friends" party a few days after his real birthday - for that night, we took him out to dinner (McDonald's - his choice) and then had cake and presents at home.



His two favorite presents: a tanker truck and an iPod shuffle - many, many thanks to Auntie Jenn for hooking us up with the iPod. I've got it loaded up with all his music, which hopefully means I can stop listening to "Convoy" in the car.



We weren't able to take the chocolate cupcakes we'd bought to his school due to snow days, so Matt enjoyed them at home.

He enjoyed them a lot.





I can't decide if he looks like a tiny special ops guy ready for a night mission, or a slightly malevolent elf.

A calmer birthday celebration was held for the family at Grandma Lucille's, where I think Matt received every Hot Wheels set to be had in East Tennessee.



I think he had quite a satisfactory birthday.

No comments: