I've been holding off posting snow pics, fearful that the snow gods would see them as some sort of sign of approval, and dump more snow on us. But I am maybe, possibly, tentatively, thinking that spring may be coming. The boy went to school every day last week - not one single snow day. It's been warmish for several days now. (Warm, in a relative fashion: warm, as in not six degrees and icy.) Maybe...maybe it's spring. I am afraid to even write that down.
We have had nineteen snow days so far this winter. NINETEEN. The boy has loved it, of course.
 |
| How you can hate winter, Mom? Just look at how cute I am in the snow. |
 |
| Faster! |
 |
| Rolling down the hill - even better in the snow |
|
|
|
 |
| Snow. is. awesome. |
|
|
|
|
Honestly, I am torn between wanting the snow to be done and hoping for one more snow day. You see, if we hit twenty, the state will declare them part of a "snow emergency," and we won't have to make all of them up at the end of the year. Now, I know, I should be more concerned about him getting an education and making all up those missed educational days, blah, blah, blah. But he is in kindergarten. He can already read and write and count by tens, and he knows his colors and not to bite people, so I think we've got the kindergarten learning goals covered. I am frankly more concerned that the children will be in school until July. Which will be awful. So I'm torn now, between wanting the snow to be gone, and hoping we somehow get one more day off. I guess we will watch the skies and wait. In the meantime, one more snow pic of the boy, who would be delighted to never go to school again.
| | | |
| Snow in the eyelashes - just cuteness. |
1 comment:
I really like Matt's hat!
Post a Comment