Monday, July 2, 2007

Adventures in Babysitting

Grandma and Grandpa took care of Matt this past weekend while Charles and I escaped - er, I mean, went out of town. Yes, that's it.

I have no idea what transpired in our absence but Matt has been wandering the house muttering "Gypsies coming" to himself all afternoon. I don't actually think I want to know.

2 comments:

NoShowMo said...

They probably took him on a tour of the body farm.

Anonymous said...

Grandma and Grandpa had a wonderful time with Matthew over the weekend and we did NOT mention anything to do with gypsies! Matt is a delightful little person (no bias here) and we had a good time with him. He manages to convey his thoughts even with his two-year old vocabulary. He asked to "go play" at 6:30 a.m. and when we told him that it was too wet outside because it had rained, he said "Driveway?" because that was indeed dry. However, Grandpa and Grandma are not ready to play outside at 6:30 a.m. so we waited until 8:30 or so to go out.

Matt is halfway through the "terrible twos" and they really haven't been terrible (so far) at all. He is really a cheerful and generally pleasant kid and we are just amazed at how quickly he is developing language and understanding. He has developed a deep chuckle when he listens to silly books. We'd have him here every day if we had the stamina :)

Watching a soothing DVD at bedtime puts Grandpa to sleep first and Grandma has to work to stay awake until Matt gives in and goes to sleep. He has a huge amount of energy for a two-year old. I wish I had half of it! The "I wuv you" is worth any amount of effort to be with him.