After literally YEARS of getting up all night, Matt has recently become a very good sleeper (knock on wood). He runs down the hall after his bedtime routine is done and leaps into bed now. He loves to say his prayers, which, because he can't make the "pr" sound, he calls "God bless" - "Do God bless, Mommy, do God bless." This is usually a highlight of my evening, because the prayers themselves can run the gamut from "God bless Mommy and Daddy" to "God bless trains, train tracks, gates, and cake." I never know what he's going to come up with. He ends all of them with a very emphatic "A-MEN!" and then insists that I sing Hank Williams' song "Jambalaya." Hey, whatever works.
And just because he looks so cute sleeping, here are some pictures.
(not quite asleep yet)

(dreaming of trains)
3 comments:
We are missing our boy while we are in Montreal! What's with Jambalaya? No way can I sing that. Does he have a second choice when we next babysit for him?
"It's the best song that you can sing."
The kid's got taste.. what a great song! I make Barry sing it to me all the time :)
Post a Comment