Today we got to do something we've been looking forward to for several years now: we got to sign Matt up for Little League baseball. Whoo-hoo! This was especially exciting since it was Truck Day, which to us really signifies that spring - and baseball - are right around the corner.
His age group (3-4 year olds) has a special classification: Wee Ball. The gentlemen running the registration today assured us that it is just for fun for the little ones - not a lot of structure or expectations, with more of a focus on learning the fundamentals of the game and running around in the dirt. We talked to Matt about it beforehand and he seems excited about playing. I know Charles and I (especially Charles) are really looking forward to it.
The season will start in May, so I'm sure we'll have more to update later in the year. Our next step is to find a tiny batting helmet and glove. Wish us luck!
1 comment:
Beth and Charles, I can't tell you how much I enjoy keeping track of Matthew. Robin and Richard have been great over the years of emailing me photos as they receive them. Getting the comments with the photos on your blog is priceless. Keep up the good work.
Robin's Mom
Post a Comment