Since this was Greg and Amelia's first visit to Kentucky, we decided to take them to Cumberland Falls, the Niagara of the South. It's a beautiful park with an easy walk out to the falls, which was good, since Greg arrived for the weekend with a pretty nasty leg injury and a cane. Matt was bothered by the cane at first, but once Greg explained that it was a "boo-boo stick" to help him walk, all was well.
The falls:
Greg and Amelia:
Matt and the mystical boo-boo stick:
We got some nice pictures - Matt loves to be outside and explore, and was happy to sit in the big hole in this rock and pose.
On the path to the overlook:
In front of the falls:
And of course I pestered a stranger to take one of all of us:
We had a great weekend - pizza, board games, house hunting, and lots and lots of Lincoln Logs. We can't wait to go visit them in North Carolina, hopefully in the fall.
1 comment:
I'm glad that you had such a nice time with Greg and Amelia. But what is "a Delaware speaking woman?" I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to know.
Post a Comment