Saturday, September 13, 2008

Life with Matt

I haven't blogged much recently - preparations for the World Chicken Festival and other events, plus work and house hunting, have taken up most of my time. I thought I'd just hit the recent highlights of life with Matt.

We had a very fun playdate yesterday with Matt's friend Charlotte. While they didn't actually play together too much, they played nicely beside each other, and I got to spend some quality time with Charlotte's mom, which was great. At one point Matt was busily involved in playing with his cars and trucks when Charlotte suddenly shed all her clothing and casually strolled by him, stark naked. He never even looked up. Now that's concentration.

Also, we seem to have an imaginary friend. I was working on one of his toys earlier in the week and trying to explain to him the difference between flat-head and Phillips head screwdrivers. When I looked at his toy screwdriver, the tip was totally mangled, and I told him that some little boy must have chewed on it. "It wasn't me, Mommy. It was John Baker John."

Huh?

"John Baker John did it. He's another boy and he chew on the screwdriver. John Baker John did it."

All righty then. I guess that's about on par with the Underpants Man who comes and throws underpants in your window. Some days I really don't want to know what he's thinking.

And finally, my two favorite recent Matt-isms:

Me, trying to teach Matt a new song: Who put the ram in the ram-a-lama-ding-dong?
Matt: Grandma.

Matt, describing his day at preschool: And we went in the hall, and bended our knees and put down our head - it was a tomato drill!

No comments: