Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm baaaack.....

I know it's been ages since I've posted anything - the lyrics of an old Lonestar song come to mind...

She missed her bus, missed her plane
Surely, this can be explained.
Lost her car at the mall
Got lost in a bathroom stall.
Joined a cult, joined the Klan
On the road with Pearl Jam.
Buried with the Grateful Dead
Came back as a parrot head.
Got derailed, got de-iced
Offered as a sacrifice.
FBI, CIA, if they've seen her
They ain't saying...

No news!
Still no news...


We've just been very, very busy, dealing with the new house, work, school, and a series of health issues within the family. Frankly, 2009 has been kind of sucky so far and we are ready for it to be over.

We have had some high points, however:

Matt turned 4, to much fanfare. We had a small family party and Matt enjoyed his race car theme complete with homemade race track cake.





He is still enjoying school and is learning valuable skills, such as flexing his arm and demanding we feel his muscles, which is his latest obsession. He has also mastered the Tooty Ta song and dance, as pictured here:







He hopped out there in the middle of the circle all by himself to be the center of attention, because, like his mother, he has no shame.

Here is a better picture of his classroom, just because I think little kids' classrooms are adorable.



They recently celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday with a week of festivities, including "Oh! The Places You'll Go!" day, where the kids dressed up as their dream adult job. Matt of course chose fireman.



His favorite school activity remains recess.



He and the other thirteen little boys in his class regularly turn the playground into a pretend fire station. According to his teacher, they all also behead the baby dolls and play "movers" by rearranging the play kitchen furniture. I don't think the three poor little girls in there stand a chance against them.

At home, we've been busy as well. Matt spent quite a bit of time with me at work during snow days, and as result of far too much exposure to the catering business, now likes to pretend to be a chef. We recently made banana bread using my Grandma's Mary's recipe, which was a treat for both of us.





We've also just had some general cute activity. One day he found a sweater of mine in the dry cleaning pile and before I knew he had it on and declared it to be slightly "too big."



Hmmm. Perhaps just a tad.

Also on the cuteness scale is my new favorite word: "cactopus," which is Matt-speak for "cactus." He has a hard time with that one, for some reason, but it's hilarious.

Right now he is in the process of recovering from pneumonia. His doctor gave us an inhaler and we are trying to teach him how to use it. The best we've come up with so far is desecrating "Puff the Magic Dragon" into "Puff the Magic Inhaler," but the lyrics need work. Any input is appreciated.

I hope to update more regularly now as the unpacking/decorating is mostly done and I have a tiny bit more spare time in the evenings. I will post some "before and after" house pics soon. Also, we are hoping to take the boy to his first circus next month, so that should provide plenty of Kodak moments. He has only grudgingly agreed to attend the circus and has a plan to deal with the very real threat of clown-sightings: "I hide behind you, Mom. I don't like clowns." Sounds reasonable to me - clowns are just darn creepy.

At any rate, stay tuned for the further adventures of the Kitts Family....

2 comments:

Robin said...

Puff the Magic Inhaler
Lived by the sea
and frolicked in the autumn mist
in a land called Allergy.

I like the Lonestar song too...it's always been one of my favorites :-)

Mama Bert said...

Welcome back. I've missed seeing Matt's adventures lately.