He had a hard time deciding what he wanted to be this year, so in the end we just went with all of it.
An otter for a Halloween birthday party:
A doctor for the annual Halloween party at Charlotte's house:
And a return to last year's Colonel Sanders for trick or treating. Lara and her family joined us this year, which was a lot of fun.
Since we were in our own neighborhood for the first time, Colonel Sanders was new and inspired a lot of comments. Several people even stopped to take his picture. I really don't think we'll ever top it. Although Dr. Kitts is pretty darn cute.
The weather was squirrely all day, but did give us this fantastic rainbow as we walked the neighborhood.
And our jack o'lanterns looked pretty cool all lit up.
A fun but totally exhausting day. I love Halloween, and indeed all holidays, but the amount of planning and coordination that it takes to get through them these days would be better served invading a small Central American country. And I noticed this week that the Christmas decorations are already up in the stores. So I guess that's next.
Sigh.
At least we have lots of leftover candy to soothe the soul. Kit Kats, here I come.
No comments:
Post a Comment