Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Oh snap.

Grandpa and Matt recently spent some time exploring Matt's "Snap Circuits" kit, which is designed to create working circuits and devices and give kids an introduction to electricity.  I think they both had quite a good time.

Explaining the basic concepts

Creating a small fan...
...which then shot up to the ceiling, much to Matt's delight.

I think the big and little kid are both enjoying this.
Supervising the proceedings was an Albert Einstein bobblehead.  What, your 2nd grader doesn't have an Einstein bobblehead?  Huh.  I thought that was perfectly normal.

"The most aggravating thing about the younger generation is that I no longer belong to it."
As the boy received an expansion circuit kit for his birthday, I'm sure they will be able to continue this for quite a while.  Maybe soon we'll be able to put Matt to work changing light fixtures and testing outlets here at home. 

Um, family resemblance much? 

1 comment:

Grandma M. said...

Re: Einstein bobblehead. Matt and I had been to the American Museum of Science and Energy in December to see a dinosaur exhibit when he asked if the gift shop might have an Einstein bobblehead. A request from a 2nd grader for an Einstein anything trumped his mother's request for no treats so close to Christmas. Thus we came home with the bobblehead. Grandma can't do electric circuits but she can buy bobbleheads!