Thursday, February 7, 2013

Flashback - February 2012

February is our favorite time to visit zoos.  It's usually half-price, there is no one else there, and the animals are much more active.  I don't know what this February has in store for us, but last year we visited the Louisville Zoo.  It's a smaller zoo, and I don't have a lot to say about it, but there they did have one excellent attraction: a baby polar bear.

In case you were wondering, a baby polar bear is, in fact, the cutest thing ever in the history of the world.  She splashed around in her enclosure, and played with her toys, and jumped in and out of the water just for the fun of it. It was adorable to watch.

Hello, baby polar bear.  You are too cute to be real.

With her big orange rubber ball
Cute, but watch those teeth!
Boy in a polar bear hat - almost as cute as the baby polar bear
Silly polar bear boy
I'm cold.
OMG - a sleeping pile of meerkats!  Is that cuter than the baby polar bear?
Nah...baby polar bear, you are definitely the winner at cute.
Note: the scary polar bear sign went with a walkway above it.  I promise we didn't try to feed the boy to the bears.

Thanks, Louisville Zoo!


No comments: