I wish I was someplace like this right about now:
That is somewhere along the Banana River, near Cocoa Beach, Florida. Back in November of 2011 we spent Thanksgiving there as we awaited the launch of the Mars Science Lab. I am longing for it today.
We saw dolphins...
and had Thanksgiving dinner at a place called "The Lobster Shanty." It was a great couple of days, and the memory of my toes in the sand is keeping me going today. Because, it's snowing again. Did I mention I hate winter?

2 comments:
One of my favorite memories is riding on the boat and watching the people that lived along the river setting their outside tables for Thanksgiving dinner. I had never imagined before that people celebrated Thanksgiving under a sunny sky :-)
Yes, that was quite a 24-hour period: we saw dolphins, manatees, storks, cormorants, pelicans and other sea birds; had a nice Thanksgiving dinner (fresh seafood - no cooking, no cleanup!); and saw a launch to Mars from Kennedy Space Center. If Ray gets an invitation to see a future launch, I think we will all be ready to do it again!
Post a Comment