Sunday, August 19, 2007

Look what I found!

This was in my den tonight.

Ringneck Snake



All right, all right, so it was just a hatchling and was teeny-tiny, but still. Thankfully Biology Boy was here to deal with it. I don't do snakes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How tiny is "teeny tiny?" And how did it get into the den?

I'll never complain again about crickets or ants. I don't do snakes in the house either. Nothing in my long-ago undergraduate biology major equipped me to deal with them outside of a textbook. The Discovery Channel is the closest that I want to come to them. I have a friend who has had to deal with copperheads on her property. She and her dogs are all brave enough to do that but it scared me just hearing about it.

After finding the black widow spider variant in your back yard, I am truly grateful that Charles is there to help teach Matt about the great outdoors. I think he is exactly the kind of curious kid that will want to explore everything.