for all our far flung friends and family: North Carolina to New Jersey, Boston to Belgium, Deep South to Pacific Northwest and all places in between.
Friday, August 10, 2007
You should see the other guy...
Matt got his first black eye recently. He ran full speed into the corner of a table, proving once again he has inherited not only his mother's eyesight, but also her grace and coordination.
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I feel called to speak once again in defense of the blog subject! Matt is not really uncoordinated - he does very well. But he also wears an eye patch 4 hours a day. He does this with much good nature and cooperation. Having had the fun of dealing with eye-patches on a pre-school little boy, I can tell you first-hand that this is not always the case. Matt doesn't fuss too much when the eye patch is applied and also doesn't whimper when it is removed (the adhesive is not kind to facial skin.) He had just had the aforementioned patch removed after several hours of peacefully wearing it when he ran to go to Grandpa and missed the corner of the oak table. I am convinced that the eyes weren't working together well after the patched interval. The bruise was spectacularly colored despite our efforts to apply ice or frozen peas to the swelling under the eye. He didn't even seem to notice it an hour later. We should all be so resilient!
And Matthew's mother is NOT uncoordinated - I vividly recall thinking of how difficult it must have been for her and her friends to play instruments and take part in the flag corps in the high school marching band. To play music and figure out where you have to be during half-time shows just boggled my mind. I could never imagine how any of them did that. I am truly the uncoordinated one on the family tree and stumble over my own feet on dry, flat sidewalks. That takes real talent!
2 comments:
I feel called to speak once again in defense of the blog subject! Matt is not really uncoordinated - he does very well. But he also wears an eye patch 4 hours a day. He does this with much good nature and cooperation. Having had the fun of dealing with eye-patches on a pre-school little boy, I can tell you first-hand that this is not always the case. Matt doesn't fuss too much when the eye patch is applied and also doesn't whimper when it is removed (the adhesive is not kind to facial skin.) He had just had the aforementioned patch removed after several hours of peacefully wearing it when he ran to go to Grandpa and missed the corner of the oak table. I am convinced that the eyes weren't working together well after the patched interval. The bruise was spectacularly colored despite our efforts to apply ice or frozen peas to the swelling under the eye. He didn't even seem to notice it an hour later. We should all be so resilient!
And Matthew's mother is NOT uncoordinated - I vividly recall thinking of how difficult it must have been for her and her friends to play instruments and take part in the flag corps in the high school marching band. To play music and figure out where you have to be during half-time shows just boggled my mind. I could never imagine how any of them did that. I am truly the uncoordinated one on the family tree and stumble over my own feet on dry, flat sidewalks. That takes real talent!
I laughed so hard at this, I am sorry for your son's black eye but knowing Beth and her grand wit, I love reading your blog. PS I am still laughing.
Post a Comment