I took Matt to story time this week to meet some of his little friends. He didn't care too much about the story, but enjoyed making the craft and playing with Lara and Megan. He asked before we went if he could take a book home; I've been holding off on checking out books for him until I thought he could be gentle with them and respect the fact that the books were borrowed, and would have to be returned in good condition. He very much wanted to check something out, so I figured we'd give it a try. We chose I Stink!, as garbage trucks are some of Matt's favorite things. It turned out to be a great choice - he laughs so hard when we read it that he can barely catch his breath.
So far he's doing very well with the whole "library book" concept. I've got a designated library bag hanging on a doorknob and he knows to put the book back in it when we're done reading. He's already asking to go back and get another book, preferably one about monster trucks. I'm so happy that he loves books, loves to read, and loves the library. All in all, he's a pretty good kid.
Matt with Megan and Lara
Happily reading I Stink!
1 comment:
Yes! Yes! Yes! Going to the library is a GOOD THING! And teaching respect for library books gladdens this old librarian's heart. Grandma can't wait to see Matt again and read books with him.
Post a Comment