casually walking down my driveway. We get stray dogs, stray cats, stray children and stray missionaries on a regular basis, but never before a stray pig. It nosed around the truck for a while,
and then attempted to tunnel under the neighbor's fence, where it met with resistance in the form of their somewhat perplexed dog.
Matt thought having a pig in his yard was incredibly cool. It was quite friendly and came right over to me. When I asked Charles where he thought the pig came from, Matt looked at both of us like we were simpletons and said, "The pig came from the farm!" He didn't add the E-I-E-I-O, but you could tell he was thinking it.
Eventually the pig wandered off into the backyard and was nowhere to be seen when we got home. I don't know where it came from or where it went, or indeed what it wanted. I can only theorize that it came to admonish Charles about his bacon addiction. Perhaps it will return tomorrow.
4 comments:
That pig's terrific - radiant even :)
humble
E.B. White would be proud. Even Grandpa Ray asked if Matt were old enough for Charlotte's Web when he saw the picture of the pig. There are not too many children's books that so many people remember or recognize.
I'm concerned about the pig. I hope it can find its way home, especially since it was still in the vicinity on Monday. I doubt if many animal shelters are accustomed to dealing with little pigs. I wonder if a child might have been raising this pig as a 4-H project or something.
Should I even make comment about the pig?? (Askes the girl who currently lives in the B-B-Q capital of N.C)
Post a Comment