Friday, October 31, 2008

A Finger Lickin' Good Halloween

Happy Halloween! We've had an exhausting but totally awesome day here. We had a lot to live up after the UPS costume last year, but I think we managed to top it this year with:



Colonel Sanders.


I can't even take credit for this - it was Charles' idea. I think it is HILARIOUS, and he got a huge response everywhere we went tonight. People were calling into their homes from their porches, yelling "Come out here, you've got to see this one!" He looked great.

The good folks at our KFC were nice enough to give us a bucket for his trick-or-treat container; it took some convincing to get it off his head long enough to add a handle to it.



We started the evening at a great party hosted by Matt friend's Charlotte's mom, complete with a fantastic spiderweb cake, the "Thriller" video, and some excellent black punch. I don't want to know how one achieves black punch, but it was very good. We left there to go trick-or-treating in a neighborhood where many of our friends live - our own road is too scary to trick-or-treat on. I'm thinking the meth cooks down the street probably don't have a lot of suitable candy at their house.

Matt totally enjoyed trick-or-treating for about half an hour, and then just got tired and overwhelmed, which was understandable.

Here he is, charming the neighborhood:




When he finally got too tired to carry on, we decided to go grab some food at - where else - KFC. The girl working behind the counter squealed when she saw Matt and ran to the back to get everyone else to come see his costume. I think it's a pretty good likeness...



He was revived after eating, so we stopped by a restaurant that some friends of ours own, and ran into my friend Jami and her daughter Megan, who was dressed as an angel.



Finally we made it home, where we checked out the candy for anything funky - this is what is left.



It's an obscene amount of candy. We'll be eating it until next Halloween.

It was a great night. Now we can start thinking about next year...

(Two more pictures, just because they're cute:)



1 comment:

Robin said...

Wow. He looks so cute! I'm glad he had a good time.