Sunday, October 31, 2010

Saving Private Kitts

Our little town did all their trick or treating last night, so for us Halloween is mostly over. Matt declared it "the best Halloween yet" and is already bugging me for permission to eat Tootsie Rolls for breakfast. (The answer to that, if you're curious, was yes. Hey, it's Halloween.)

Matt started the evening as one of his favorite book characters:

Where's Waldo?




I know we'll never top Colonel Sanders, but I *love* Waldo. I think it's just too cute.

We attended the annual festivities at our friends' house, which were fabulous as always.

Matt with our hostess, Cruella Deville.


For trick or treating, a group of our friends met at our house, which Matt loved.



Once again he couldn't decide on a costume this year, so we went with two. After partying as Waldo, he changed into a different costume for trick or treating.



Trying to salute:


He also insisted on going up to everyone's porch by himself this year, with only his friends and no grown-ups. I can't decide if he was acting big for his friends (all girls) or if I'm already uncool. Hmmm.



I believe a good time was had by all. The kids came back to our house and had hot chocolate and went through their loot, while the grown ups watched a little football and relaxed. A nice ending to a nice day. Happy Halloween!

No comments: