Matt hit another milestone today: first trip to the emergency room.
This morning he decided that shoving a Bugle snack up his nose might be pretty fun. Turns out he was mistaken, as he almost immediately began screeching. "Get it out! Get tissue! Bugle up NOSE!" I'm assuming all that salt probably didn't feel great in his nasal passages.
After trying every trick we knew to dislodge the Bugle with no success, we decided that a trip to the ER was in order (since of course, it was Sunday morning and nothing else was open, and we really didn't want him to aspirate a Bugle down into his lungs. That'd probably be bad.) We loaded up and hit the ER, where the staff thought a two year old with a Bugle stuck up his nose was pretty darn funny. Matt was less amused, and in fact became so enraged when they attempted to take his blood pressure that he launched into a full-fledged screaming yelling hysterical fit, the force of which combined with all the extra snot from crying actually shot a big chunk of the Bugle out of his nose. That is only cool to see if you're a drunken frat boy or the parent of a toddler. Anyway, between the doc's and Matt's efforts, all of the Bugle was finally removed and we were released with a Bugle-free boy. Matt requested a ride on the hospital Medivac helicopter as we were leaving, which we denied. I'm sure he'll get there at some point.
Just another sleepy Sunday at the Kitts house.
3 comments:
And I thought you were the "Mom who took pictures" ?????
Seriously, we're glad he's okay. And when we stop laughing, Richard is going to go out and buy the boy a new bag of Bugles.
Whenever life in Nooga hits a lull I can just go to your blog and find a smile everytime! I love your blog! Glad Mattie is well!
I echo Cinos!!! Love your blog and am so glad you have Matt to keep you off the sofa!!Ah....the adventures of motherhood. Remember I had Jessica filling the record books at Bristol Memorial!
Post a Comment