Thursday, November 29, 2007

More surgery

Matt had more eye surgery today. The surgery he had to correct his strabismus (you can read about that here and here) last February was not all that successful, so they needed to go back in and try again to straighten his poor eyes.

This one was much more intense than the last operation and I admit we were ill-prepared for it. He bounced back so very quickly from the last surgery that we just assumed this one would be easy as well; it was not. He is currently not a happy camper. He's in pain, his eyes look like raw hamburger, and there is bloody ooziness leaking out of both his eyes and his nose. It's totally pitiful.

I will try to update more tomorrow or over the weekend, but tonight I'm exhausted and am heading to bed.

Keep a good thought for my little one.

No comments: